Sunday, April 5, 2009

Who says safety has to be an issue!!

Did you know the Blue Angels were in town? If you live in Alabama and didn't know that, welcome back from under that rock you've been living underneath. It has been a very fun week in Tuscaloosa! Always something flying over!

Except for the Blue Angels...

I've been teased all week long. You can hear them, but where I work, you can' see them! So many of my friends send me texts:

Friend #1: I just saw the Blue Angels fly over!!

Me: Oh! Awesome! I can hear them, too! Maybe they'll fly over the dealership soon!

Friend #1: Well they scared [Child] to death! They are loud! I didn't know what it was!!

Me: O I hope 2 c them soon!! Tell them to fly over here!



Friend #2: The Blue Angels are practicing over my building!!

Me: Oh neat! Wat r they doin? I'm going 2 c them Sun! Can't wait!

Friend #2: Flying upside down!! You should go Sat! It's going 2 b beautiful!

Me: Can't. Have 2 work. Chance of rain down for Sun, tho.

Friend #2: They are flying so low you can see the pilot! They just waved!



Another friend of mine from work went on Saturday, too. It was a beautiful day yesterday! The sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, you could hear the planes, people were everywhere in Tuscaloosa. My friend correctly predicted this would happen. When James Spann says "storms" in the forecast, people duck and run. Storms are in the forecast for today...

So while my friend was hanging out at the airport, grilling out, drinking a beer at Tuscaloosa's small airport Saturday - on the most beautiful day we've had in weeks - I was working, waiting impatiently for my turn to see the much heard of Blue Angels!

I wake up this morning, fix my coffee, sit down with dog, turn on the computer and enjoy the silent hum it makes while it boots. Then, a familiar sound of thunder starts to rumble. Are the planes already coming in? It's a little early... Then a huge flash of light, a loud clap of thunder and the April showers start.

I can't listen to the Blue Angels all week and NOT see them.

Gates open in one hour and 39 minutes. It's not raining near like it was earlier...but given the slight chance that it could continue, I'm going to have to demand that the Blue Angels and all other stunt and show planes fly today. I feel like I'm being teased... Safety? What safety! A little rain never hurt people jumping out of planes with parachutes!!!

No comments: