Monday, August 8, 2011

Busy fingers


Rest is so underrated when you're in nursing school.

I'm doing absolutely nothing but catching up on television shows everyone talks about and knitting. In fact, I've been focusing on this one project I started last spring for my mum. It's a scarf I had to put down last spring. I had planned on finishing it before the summer semester started, however, there was this little tornado in Tuscaloosa...I'm sure you've heard about that.

Needless to say, I've made good progress, I believe. I'm hoping to finish this today and start on some baby projects for all of my girlfriends who are about to pop...actually... starting now!

Yesterday, we had a grill out to celebrate surviving semester I. It was awesome. I hope everyone had a good time. I love having all of my friends over. They are my Tuscaloosa family. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by a great support network. And people who introduce me to great recipes to try, like the amazing sweet potato cobbler we made and we each subsequently made love to.

No comments: