Monday, March 29, 2010

It's just old now...that's why I'm frustrated...

Friendships are so delicate. There's always a fine balance and the great thing about friendship is that they are so easy to maintain until someone gets hurt. You're the best friend I've ever had, what the hell? You go about your day to day lives, catching each other up on the humdrum and extraordinary. You ask advice and give advice. Never ever do you doubt your friend because they would never lie to you, they would never hurt you, and most certainly would never want to see you get hurt.

To have a perfect happy medium in a friendship means that at some point, your friend lies to you. Does this make my ass look big? No! That's not to say that every single time your friend is a fibber, little white lies are innocent...sometimes.

What would you say if I told you sometimes a friend can love and appreciate your person so much that telling you the truth was the only way they knew to return the love you've shown them? What would you say if I told you they have absolutely no sense of orating tactfully what you need to hear? What would you say if sometimes the truth hurts and you hope so much for something that you can't see the obvious and they're just trying to help?

I'm getting pretty fed up with people attacking me for not hearing what they want me to say when they ask my opinion. You asked me!!!! I have a list of things in my life that I wish I wish someone had told me before I learned it myself! So many things in my life would be different and I could have avoided so much heartache. It pisses me off that you are displacing your anger about the truth on me. I'm just relaying the honest opinion you asked me for. I'm not going to lie. I'm a real friend and I value you.

You are the best friend I've ever had. You've been there for me through so many of my trials and tribulations. You have let me cry on your shoulder and have hopefully given me your honest opinions. I truly appreciate that and want to be there for you during this time. You can lean on me, vent to me, cry on me. Please don't be mad at me when I tell you the truth, especially if it's not what you want to hear. I see you involved and focused on this one goal that is so trivial you are missing out on the bigger things in life! I think you are worth so much more than you say you are and it pains me to see you kicking yourself.

Bottom line you who is miffed at me for wanting to protect you from that heartbreak: There is a whole wide world out there and you are missing it when you could be owning it! If you were really listening, which I really hope you are now, then this subject wouldn't be a subject. Please learn from my mistakes.

No comments: