Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In other news...

Life has gone on since the storm (and before considering my lack of writing!).

I used to be such a dedicated blogger... and now I just fail at all corners of this because of school but you should know that this had paid off! I started upper division nursing at the Capstone College of Nursing! Roll Tide!! If you thought I didn't write enough before....

So far, I've studied literally two solid weeks for a pathophysiology test ONLY to make an 80 on it. Only? Yes, "only"! The grading scale is Completely Different! How about an 80 is a C+... This is my first C in ANYTHING since I was in chemistry... I even got a tutor for the first time in my life. I'm going to be learning lessons not only in patho but in humility and realistic expectations.

What's really awesome is how much the school did for the community during the storm. Many of the nurses in the program hit the streets and helped the Red Cross and other blood donation sites, medical treatment sites, etc, with paperwork and triage along with other donation sites and hard labor work. I can't say Roll Tide enough to all of the hard workers and volunteers who have worked non-stop since the storm that have made such a remarkable change in our town!!

The nursing building is now located in a new building on the UA campus that is completely state-of-the-art. I'm exhausted but that doesn't begin to smother my excitement to be there! The second floor is just a mini-hospital for us to get hands on training! And we have little red scrubs with little crimson and white patches with the UA logo on it. Confession: I put them on as soon as they came in and...well...they're unisex... and unisex pants apparently don't forgive women's hips... so no carbs for me!!!

No comments: