Monday, January 5, 2009

What's that over there!?

I am definitely ADD.

I sold my first car the other night. You can look at it one of two ways: I've been at the dealership for three years and it's taken me this long to sell my first car OR I'd been a salesman for approximately 3 hours and sold my first car. I prefer that later considering that was really the case.

Yay me!

Thing is, that was pure luck. Not every customer comes in with a sheet of paper with stock number scribbled on it and says, "I've come to buy this car." I wish it always happened that way.

In reality, I have to learn product. I know, another question, "How can be there three years and not know the product?" Well, let me tell you this! If you saw all the different specs and numbers and product codes and bla bla bla's there were to all the different models we have on our lot, you'd understand. My brain feels like one big fart right now.

I have taken to studying at every given opportunity. It's hard to study answers to questions you don't know you're going to get. It makes me wonder how I ever graduated high school!

I have a little book that someone told me has all the information in it that I need know. Great! I have sat down to look at this book a hundred times. I'm on page 9!

Everything keeps distracting me. If it's not another customer, it's that I have to use the bathroom. I might have to get something to eat, the phone rings, a customer comes in, or family has arrived. This morning, I was drinking some water and at the bottom where the glass was blown together (they are handmade glasses) reminded me of a monkey...that was the distraction this morning. I never would have noticed it if I hadn't been subliminally looking for an excuse to put the book down...

Oh, I don't miss school.

No comments: