Wednesday, August 18, 2010

365 days later

It's hard to believe that a year has gone by.

It's flown!

This time last year, I was a nervous wreck, learning where all these new places were, meeting new people in a new world that I hadn't yet explored. I was getting dumped with tons of things to do and make happen. I was given goals and challenges for the first time in years! I was so scared I was in over my head.

Now it's starting all over again but this time I'm not afraid of being in over my head. I'm more balanced and I've learned new things. Can you say sopanification! I have new friends, my friends, I have achieved some of the goals I didn't think were possible. All in all, after the last several years of my life, going back to school has probably been the most self-rewarding thing I could have ever done for myself.

I'm not so much talking about the fun things that you can do in college rather than the self-gratification and self-esteem it gives me to know that I'm doing this. That I've overcome a lot to be able to tell myself that I CAN do this. So despite the mad amounts of partying that I now rarely get to do and the loads of memories I'm making, I'm learning something much more than just how to be a nurse.

No comments: