Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why I'll pay the movers extra next time

I'm pretty pooped but I have every right to be!

I have unpacked my room, straightened my room, freshened my room, and I am organized in my new room. I have cooked dinner, I have fed new roommate (the only one so far), grocery shopped (we split the bill, this will be awesome!), washed and dried a load of clothes, and I have even cleaned out all of my notebooks for the upcoming school semester.

I can rightfully say that I'm exhausted! All that is left for me to do is tear down my old plastic shelving unit (because I consolidated so well, I don't need it anymore! W00t!), hang my curtains, and find a home for my vacuum cleaner. I may have to reorganize the closet a bit.

I have so much more space in my new room. I might actually consider studying at home more now. Well... the rest of the new roommates move in the middle of this month. I wonder if they will have as much stress as I did getting moved in?

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong, I'd say.
  • My patio furniture was stolen WTF?? Really??
  • My room wasn't ready for me to move in on the last day of "move-in" day.
  • My room wasn't ready for me to move in until 2/3 pm on move-in...
  • I was assigned the wrong room. They put me in the wrong room. Not the room I requested but the room they wanted me to have. No. No. No. No. It was basically my old room. It wasn't going to fly.
  • They gave me the wrong keys. so after I got all of the above situated (with the exception of my patio furniture because I've yet to find it on some one's porch yet), I come home from work in 115 degree Alabama heat and can't get in. Not to mention, today corporate was in town, so I had to dress a little nicer for work. It was so awesome, I can't wait to do it again...
The lesson I have learned from this? No matter what happens, I'm not moving until I'm done with nursing school. If my new roommates are bitches, they'll move first. I've also learned to not leave anything on the porch, even if it is a rather large patio furniture set that is not inconspicuous at all to steal...

I'm so glad I can finally get comfortable... Now to try this new sleep aid and hopefully have sweet dreams tonight! I tried melatonin the last two nights and have not slept well. I'm overdue!

No comments: