Sunday, August 8, 2010

Reliving Quiet Me Time....**Sigh**

I've had the most relaxing, quiet afternoon at home. It's been so peaceful!

After what's seemed like days of going and going and going post vacation, I was very excited to take a leisurely afternoon to myself! I've been reading P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. It's a book I started at the beach and it got so hectic there with family fun that I wasn't able to read more. Once I got home, I had the move, I had work, I've had remotes, not to mention at some point I have to see A for some sanity, I haven't had much time to pick it back up! So this afternoon, following two blistering hot days in the sun watching mother's send off their children to college in U-Hauls and high-heels, I picked up my book again and haven't been able to put it down much!

This book is definitely climbing to one of my favorites of all times. I've never read a book that can make me laugh my arse off and then make me cry like a baby in one paragraph. I've never seen the movie; I've already put it on the top of my Netflix queue so when I finally mail that wretched movie I rented last time (The Goods, not good, very bad, so bad, I've considered it my civic duty to NOT mail it back!) I will get the movie in and laugh and cry like a baby all over again.

The rest of the roommates move in next Wednesday. I'm kind of nervous and I'm really not looking forward to it. Being in college again and wanting to be successful is exceptionally difficult when you have ten years on everyone. I'm praying that I get some A++, pencil-pushing, "partying is of the Devil" girls in here!!

The likelihood of that actually happening for me....not high

No comments: