Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Constructive Criticism at its Finest

Since I've been back on air, I've been subject to daily air checks. I haven't had to listen to myself with someone else since I did news. I hate listening to myself. I hear me and hear me and hear me and hear me and the start thinking about how retarded I sound. It's interesting.

Must sound natural
Must sound cool
Must be local
Must keep pace
Must do "a, b, or c" except at "x, y, or z"
Segue this way, not that way
Nevermind, don't segue this way, segue that way!
Sheesh!

*Sigh* I'll just stick to having fun because the best parts of air checks are when I'm told, "I'm only getting harder on you because you're improving." I might be rusty after a five year hiatus, 3 years in news and ten years since being a DJ, I'll gladly take the constructive criticism!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: