Thursday, July 22, 2010

There's a freckle on my big toe

The beach is calling my name! I cannot wait to feel the sand, sun rays, and warm waters on my skin! I cannot wait to bask in the daylight with a delicious book and escape into my own little world!

I've worked so hard over the last year, I can feel the onset if burnout. I get so exhausted putting all my energy into everything and having nothing to show for it yet. I think a mental break is well overdue.

At the beach, I will not stress over money.
At the beach, I will not stress about the fall semester.
At the beach, I will try my hardest to not think of the chemical changes my body is undergoing while I sit in the sun and produce melanin and collect a healthy dose of vitamin D.
At the beach, I will not gorge on anything but shrimp, grits, bananas, and tomato sandwiches.
At the beach, I will pretend I am on a deserted island where only one person can contact me.
At the beach, despite my dislike of ocean waters and God forbidding tar balls, I will wade out to the sandbar and tolerate, somehow, the fish that kiss my sunscreen.

At the beach, I will relax.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: