Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pure Chaos

Moving from one apartment to the other should never be this hectic!

I absolutely hate moving, with a passion. To make it more miserable, my current apartments have just held a mandatory meeting where they informed me that I need to have my stuff packed and ready to go. It has to look like a moving truck is ready to get me. Then I'll be informed sometime during the first three days of August when I can actually move my stuff. In the meantime, all of my stuff needs to be in the common area. WTF.

So, to clarify, I'm to pack up my belongings, place them in a common area for people to pilfer through when they come to inspect and view my apartment. There will be management, cleaning crews, maintainance crews, and potential residents with free and easy access to my belongings while I'm away.

Of course I have to be difficult. I told management that I will be out of town and gladly leave my belongings on top of my bed, in my room, where they will be locked away. I informed them that I will be back in town on the second day of my move and at the time, I'll start moving my stuff downstairs, and my new place will be ready by at least that day if they expect me to be completely moved out of my old place by midnight of the third day.

In the words of Tim James, makes sense to me. Doesn't it to you?

No comments: