Saturday, December 13, 2008

Date Night

I'm so excited! My husband and I are going out tonight!

Every year in Tuscaloosa, the city holds its annual Christmas Afloat program. It's where people sign up to decorate their boats and parade down the Black Warrior River. Folks from all over the city line up along the riverbanks to watch. We've gone every year we've lived here, I think.

The first year we went, Trey actually judged the boats. It was when he was working for the radio station. We had to meet the other judges at a house boat by the Cypress Inn. A little bit of information about me you might not know: I get motion sick very easily! I wasn't surprised when Murphy's Law kicked in that night and the judges were to sit on top of the house boat and judge the parade...I don't know what was worse. The fact that it was absolutely cold outside or the fact that I eventually had to get off of the boat and sit by myself to watch the fireworks at the end.

Tonight won't be like that, though. It's going to be just us, as far as I know. It'll be nice to spend some time with my husband outside of the confines of our apartment...

No comments: