Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Six

Six things about me you probably don't know:

1. I have OCD. I went to get medication for it and the doctor told me it was all in my head. I don't like to step on lines, all of the nutritional labels on my boxes of food have to face me when I open the pantry, I like even numbers of objects unless it is divisible by three, I don't get in the bed unless it's completely made, I fold clothes without wrinkles in them, I don't like for my food to touch or I don't eat it, I like straight lines i.e. pictures can't be crooked or the TV has to be in a straight line with the table, yada yada yada. There are more to list but it would take over the six things you don't know about me.

2. I don't like Christmas that much. It's too commercialized for my taste. It should be about Jesus' birthday and being a gift to others; not how much you spent or how much you can't spend because of the economy.

3. I sang in Carnegie Hall, twice. Small, unimportant fact about me, especially considering that there were 500 other people my age singing with me both performances.

4. I have this strange ability to remember most actors' names and filmographies, including some movies I haven't seen, after seeing them in just a few movies.

5. Along the same lines, I have another strange ability to be able to remember the words to most songs; the ability is even stronger for songs that I really hate!

6. I have a fear of drains. That's embarrassing to admit, but you never knew it about me did you? I'm not only afraid of the drains in pools but I'm afraid of the drain in tubs and sinks. I prefer my sinks come with garbage disposals so I don't have to get any additional bits of food out of the drain...wraeahgh! My skin is crawling thinking about it!

No comments: