Tuesday, December 23, 2008

so, I haven't done my Christmas shopping

It is so quiet right now. I shouldn't admit that since I'm at work but everyone is running around for last minute gifts and traffic is horrible in Tuscaloosa. If anyone is headed to the dealership, they're stuck on McFarland Blvd! Traffic and last minute shoppers are just a few of the reasons I really don't like this time of year.

But it got me to thinking of ways to cover the last minute gifts you need without rear-ending people at the mall. You can:
  • Print and frame pictures of your family for gifts
  • Bake cookies and put them in gift bags for parties
  • Make your own jewelry gifts for the women you know with stuff from Hobby Lobby or Michael's
  • Gift donations in honor of your friends to a cause they believe in (St. Jude is a cause I believe in!)
  • Make your own candles (fun thing to do with the family)
  • Make your own lotion (recipes can be googled)
  • Photo albums are a lot of fun to go through and make
  • Personalize your own ornament (for Christmas parties before Christmas, obviously)
  • Get a pot, soil and some seeds; you can get a friend started growing his/her own garden of flowers or herbs!
  • Copy a popular recipe you have and put it on Christmas cards.

Probably not a good idea to make those single gifts for your spouse, parent or child but I would definately have the camera ready if you gave the hand-made lotion to your uncle!

No comments: