Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Brain shutting down

Ever have one of those days where you started with a lot of tasks and kept getting sidetracked from you original goal?

That's been my day. All for a good reason, though - we've been selling Hyundai's! It's a great problem!! Eventhough we accomplish some sells during these quiet and stressful times, it still makes me think that I haven't been productive.

My stack of letters? Still not close to a third of the way through. My hands are screaming!
The phonecalls I said I was going to make? Never even had a chance to get to them because other more important phonecalls got in the way.

Instead of looking at the things I didn't do today, I am going to look at the things I did do:
  • Signed up car deals
  • Signed over 300 letters with my favorite pen that later was stolen by one of my customers.
  • Folded 1/4 of the those letters
  • Restocked our coffee supply - crisis averted
Overall, considering the above delayed my lunch until 2:30, I'd say I got something done today!

My focus is gone, though. Since I didn't get to accomplish what I set out to accomplish at the beginning of the day, now that it's the end of the day, and despite tomorrow is our Thanksgiving dinner and it's a extremely bad time to delay things, I want - am - going to delay my letter folding and cold calling until tomorrow.

No comments: