Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Great Thanksgiving

Let's face it. My cooking skills have never been steller. I think that's why Mum gave me the "appetizers" category this year; something I can't screw up (but I can burn water!).

This morning, I got up at the crack of dawn to start my Thanksgiving. I was excited to get to participate in the cooking festivities this year. So I got showered and dressed and headed to the kitchen. I can't cook but I never said that I don't like to pretend!

This morning, I've made meatballs (actually something Trey said he was going to make) and chicken wrapped in bacon and dredged in brown sugar and spice. Ooohh those loook sooo goood!! Thank you, Paula Dean!!! They are baking right now. The meatballs are ready to be eaten.

Trey has made his peanut butter balls. AKA Recipe for Weight Gain - Jenny Craig's favorite!

I made a dip, a bacon chedder dip. I bought some Triscuits to go with them and have been fighting to keep my husband away from the box all week long! I'm thankful it's Thanksgiving so that he can eat them now!

I may not can cook but in my land of pretend, all of the food sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it!

Now, Trey is getting ready, I'm waiting for the chicken to finish and then we are headed to my hometown to eat at my Mum's house. I'm never gonna lose enough weight for this half-marathon now!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy every bite you eat today and worry about it later!!

No comments: