Thursday, November 6, 2008

Half a cup of tea left

Everybody is so moody after this election!

Yesterday, the salesmen around here were working to make something happen. It's that time of the year, if you want to earn your keep, you have to earn your money. I don't mind it, makes the days go by quickly.

After a few hours of this, the attitudes around the dealership started to reek! Everybody was getting frustrated. I placed a bunch of calls myself yesterday with no answers, no-I-don't-want-any's and voicemails. Lots of voicemails. I didn't really get anywhere with my prospecting. Niether were our salesmen. The guys' exceptions were extremely angry people.

One woman went as far as to tell the salesman, "I am not really looking to trade just yet. My car hasn't fallen to bits yet. But let me get you to do this with me; pray with me! I'm so sick, so elderly!" She then proceeded to tell the salesman about her last 18 months in the hospital and began begging for him to pray with her right there on the phone.

It reminded me of the time that a lead generating salesman called me and I told him I couldn't talk right then because I was going into labor.

Was it a full moon? Or was everybody just sore after Tuesday?

I think it was the latter.

My attitude hasn't been the best about this guy but I'm telling myself this until I make it: This is God's will, this is who He has for us right now. There are apparently more benefits to Obama as our leader than McCain. It's over now and we all need to start moving forward because there is no way to go back.

In other words: Get over it, already!

No comments: