Friday, November 7, 2008

How to make 5'5 fit in a box

I have two boxes for packing purposes. We are going to get so far with those!

I'm so ready for this move to be done with and we haven't really even started getting things moving. I'm procrastonating when I really need to be getting some boxes.

Scratch that. Trey really needs to be getting some boxes. This was his idea!

The only thing I'm thinking about now is how to unpack things once stored in 2000 square feet into 1200 square feet comfortably and organized. If it's not organized, neat and in my quirky order, I'm not happy. If I'm not happy, Trey's screwed!

I'm sure most of you have noticed I have a few small, tiny, barely there compulsions. I just don't like it when my food touches and I have to count how many buttons I've pushed. I don't like to step on lines and I really hate germs! When objects are organized to where I can see them in the open, access an individual object easily and without stress and have plenty of space to use it in, I'm a very happy person. I like clean counter tops, dust free picture frames, shiny surfaces and I refuse to get in an unmade bed, even if the sheets are just wrinkled.

Where I live now, I still have a few issues about how my stuff is arranged, even though I have lots of room. I can organize my kitchen for the most part, even put the nutritional labels all in the same direction and alphabetize my spices. Where we're moving to isn't quite so big. I'm going to have to get creative on furniture and especially the kitchen appliances.

The coffee maker is going to have to be out in the open or all of you risk death. The coffee mugs have to be easily accessable or you might loose a finger. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, can be disheveled in the pantry or cabinets. You CANNOT just throw something in there. You can't put an bigger object on top of a smaller object. With smaller spaces, though, it makes it very difficult to make this happen.

I think I've got a great idea for the kitchen. The living room, however, I'm not so sure. Do you have any ideas on how I can maximize my space to the fullest? If you have any ideas for the kitchen, too, go ahead and let me know. It might work better for me instead of what I'm thinking.

I know you think this is a ridiculous post and that I'm exceptionally weird and have ridiculous quirks. I've heard all the jokes and questions and remarks. I know the food ends up in the same place, I know that not all germs are bad, I know that it won't kill me to have something crooked.

I know the make medication for it, too. The doctor told me it was all in my head. I asked him, "no shit?"

No comments: