Monday, November 17, 2008

The Great Move

So, as far as I'm concerned, the actual moving of inanimate objects is completed pertaining to Mission Palisades 2008. Hallelujah!

I never want to move again. I really want to leave it at that. I've told you a little of what happened during the move but I really don't have enough medication to relive it again to tell you the story. Ha ha! Just joking! I really don't want to re-tell my account of our move on Saturday and Sunday because I don't want to say anything I'll come to regret later. I hope you'll understand.

Just understand that I am so thankful to have everything under one roof again, including Lucy, whom missed two nights of sleep with me! My poor baby! In fact, she was so ready to go home, she packed herself up for us!

I want to apologize for all the whining I've done about this move. It's not your fault, I should keep my mouth shut. I just think it makes for good story telling. But my attitude has been shit during this move and I don't think I should think like that. I like to try to be the happy, positive one. The one who always sees the coffee cup half full. I like feeling productive, animated and efficacious.
That being said, I am actually looking forward to the unpacking/organizing as a therapeutic lagniappe to myself. I will have all items unpacked by Friday. I WILL have all items unpacked by Friday!
Plus, Wednesday is our Thanksgiving dinner at the dealership. I'm going to make - I mean Trey is going to make sweet potatoe casserole with marshmellows on top! I love sweet potatoe casserole! Plus I/he gets to use the mixer Mum gave me a few years ago. I've never had anything to use it for and now I do - mean Trey does! OK, so I'm "helping" him make it. But don't tell anyone because no one will eat my cooking after I set the kitchen on fire the second time. But I like learning to cook, being in the kitchen has it's own therapeutic touch.
And tomorrow, I promise, I'm getting back in the gym. I swear my attitude will be higher than the mountains after I run off some of this stress!!

No comments: