Thursday, November 13, 2008

For the beauty of the Earth

I am so stressed out right now. I wouldn't recommend any joke-playing on me, I might inadvertently kill you.

Currently, I need to win the lottery, I need it to quit raining, I need my Wachovia bank statement to make more sense, I need chocolate, I need clean, open space, I need coffee, I need sugar for that coffee, I need this move to be over and I need the car business to pick up.

Right now, I look over my left shoulder to see the lake and it's covered in fog. I can't even see the lake. It's just a dense, white fog. The leaves are turning and a golden color is are mixing itself in with the other green and purple foliage. All the different shades look like little spots in the fog as the cloud dances around in the woods. My pool is covered in yellow and orange leaves and it makes I feel a pull of sympathy for the lucky resident who gets to take over the responsibility of maintaining that beast.

The scene outside currently is just depressing. It's dark, dense and raining.

A couple of days ago, it was beautiful outside. I had to grab my camera. It was Saturday morning, I think, when it was so cold outside. I was in a hurry trying to get to the gym on time. The sun was shining, which always makes me more awake. I had grabbed something for lunch, zipped up my gym bag, stuffed my book in my purse and headed out the door. I had just glimpsed at the lake when I saw it. If I had been more focused on getting to the gym on time or any earlier getting up, I would have missed it.


I stood staring at the lake for a moment thinking, I really have to go, but I couldn't fight the urge to get my camera. Quickly, I ran inside and grabbed my Nikon. Fortunately my zoom lens was already mounted and all I had to do was remove the lens cap and check my settings. Then are started shooting away.

It was the most beautiful scene - right out of a movie. The sun was melting the fog right off of the lake. The sun's rays were so strong between the holes in the leaves that it looked like little beams of light in the woods. As the mist burned and rose up to the heavens, it turned an almost violet color. It matched the color of dawn perfectly. The lake, for what little of it you could see, was the perfect reflection of a blue sky yet to appear that day.

It was so peaceful looking. Not even a fisherman was out on the lake, which was very unusual. Even if we stayed here, I don't think I could ever see a morning this perfect without the sounds of a boat or two peddling into or out of the slough below the house. It's a quiet morning like that I will never forget but will always make me miss my mornings visiting with the beautiful scenes of the lake while sipping my morning cup of coffee.

No comments: