Friday, November 7, 2008

Scratch that off your bucket list

"Hey, Steph, rub this on my shoulder for me really quick," David the salesman/manager-in-training asks me while handing me an open packet of "Sore-ez" and holding the sleeves of his yellow polo shirt up to expose his shoulder. "I have done something to my arm. I think it did it holding William this weekend!"

"Sure." I grabbed the small white packet and squeezed some of the green goo onto my fingertips. "Is it just sore to the touch or what?" I started slathering the stuff on the upper part of his arm when the delicious smell began to move around us.

David's pug nose started to wrinkle up after he breathed. "It's really just sore when I move it."

"Oh, so me rubbing it helps, huh? Damn! This stuff is potent! I need to remember this next time I have a cold!" I started to massage the green goo into the skin thinking that would help the smell. "You never thought you'd get a massage from me did you? You like it don't you!" I laughed.

David chuckled. A big smile grew on his face and I just laughed while I grabbed the germ-x to get the green goo off of my hands. David took a paper towel and started whiping the excess off and fixed is shirt. I couldn't help laughing at is pseudo-arrogance.

"Well, Steph, you can scratch that off your bucket list!"

No comments: