Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm waiting in line at a theme park

As soon as I think things are going to be one way, the turn out being another. That's only because the Lord works in His own time, I guess.

Explaination: we are moving. The 15th of this month!! That's so close and so fast but I guess it's better than stressing out over it for months at a time.

We're moving back to our old apartment complex. It's not far from work. We're getting a flat instead of a loft this time, this way we'll have more room. Also, there won't be a huge staircase taking up most of the space. It's two bedrooms and two baths. The kitchen is small (it's the epitomy of small) and the pantry is ridiculous but I can always pay to use the laundry room and use the extra space from the washer and dryer for shelving...or not. Entertaining is going to be nearly impossible but decorating was a lot of fun when we lived there the last time. You walk into the dining room/living room/garden room and face a hallway and fire place. We loved the fireplace, it's gas and keeps you so toasty warm.
I'm in need of boxes, if you have any, email me. I'll come get them from you. I need to start getting things in order to move: all my clothes washed and packed with the exception of the necessities to get me by. The major objects that I do not use on a daily basis need to be put away now so we're not rushing to pack them later. I have extra furniture this time around and I don't have a clue where I'm going to put it! I have bathroom supplies I can pack now, books, guest bedroom items, all of this stuff can be put away now so that when we move (in less than two weeks) it just has to be put in the U-haul.

I am sad about moving. I really like where we live, but with all common sense in these economic times, we have to make this move. If I could have things my way, we'd be moving back into the Hueytown house in a heartbeat! It looks fantastic after all the fixing and renovating! There are still somethings I'd love to do to the house but it looks fantastic as it is! If it weren't 45 minutes and miles from work, I'd be all over that like white on rice! Or I'd stay where we are living currently. I'm going to miss the quiet, the deer, the pool, the lake, the stars at night. At night, you can see every constalation, every star in the Milky Way, every dot God put in the sky to twinkle. I am really going to miss the cold winter nights staring up at the beautiful sky. It has been so peaceful there!
Another post for another day but a good laugh for your afternoon: we've moved A LOT in the past four years. Since this is our fourth move as a married couple and Trey is always the one to say, "Let's move," I'm letting him be in charge of this WHOLE thing!! For those of you who know my husband and know my husband well, imagine this: Trey, packing, organizing (or not), sorting, planning, painting, moving, unpacking, re-organizing, sorting, cleaning, moving utilities around, etc. etc. etc.
No for those of you who know my husband and know my husband now: sit back with your tottie in your lounge chair and laugh now because the moment that he catches us pointing and laughing at him, he's going to make us help!

No comments: